A new opportunity has arisen with re:heat. Ideally based in Northumberland, but working across the UK, we are looking for a Biomass Engineer with 3 or more years previous experience and an electrical bias. The ideal candidate will be able to contribute enthusiastically to the wide variety of opportunities that re:heat are actively working on – from boiler installations through to consultancy, and providing first class support to our many customers across the north of England and Scotland.
The successful candidate would be primarily based at our office in Alnwick, but be willing and able to travel as required by the role. We would also consider suitable candidates who may not be based in, or be willing to relocate to Northumberland.
The duties of the Biomass Engineer will include :
- Installation and commissioning of biomass boilers throughout the UK.
- Providing phone support to customers and other engineers working on fault finding.
- Working on domestic, commercial and industrial biomass boilers.
- Working independently for small commercial and domestic jobs.
- Working as part of a team to assist in the installation of large commercial and industrial projects.
- Carrying out programmes of remedial work on third party installations.
- Servicing and maintaining customers’ biomass boilers.
For the role of Biomass Engineer, the candidate is expected to :
- Ideally, have prior experience of installation and commissioning of biomass boilers.
- Be electrically biased, and be able to fault find electrical and control systems.
- Be experienced on biomass boiler controls and their integration with heating control systems.
- Be prepared to work long hours when necessary, as well as travel throughout the UK.
Candidates with experience of working on ETA, Fröling and Herz equipment would be at a particular advantage, but we work with a wide range of systems from other manufacturers, and full training would be provided.
If you would be interested in joining a small, friendly company with an excellent reputation, and growing within the biomass industry, please contact Ben Tansey (email@example.com) for an informal and confidential discussion.
We offer a competitive salary and contributory pension scheme, training with leading manufacturers and a varied and stimulating work environment.